Navigation in our web pages without using a mouse is possible via the tab key. Moreover special access keys allow an easy navigation in the pages.
- Alt key plus key S, to enter the input box for the search term,
- Alt key plus key 1, to get directly into the content area. When a document is displayed also tools for further processing, for example the display of "Related documents", as well as buttons for "Downloadable version" and "Print" can be found here. Finally, there is also the help-button.
- Alt key plus key 2, to get into the top navigation with the links "Home", "About us", "Accessibility", "Service" and "Sitemap".
- Alt key plus key 3, to get into the left vertical navigation, featuring the input box for the search term, a list of topics, a possibility to access data tables sorted by data sources and a list of your current search results and the recently viewed documents.
- Alt key plus key 4, to get to the first hit in a hit list.
In some cases usage of the back and forward functions of the browser can have unexpected results because the website is not based on static pages, but all pages are generated from a database. But in most cases these functions can be used. In the prevalent browsers there are access keys available for this purpose: Alt key and arrow key left respectively Alt key and arrow key right.