In terms of the Statistics on those actively insured of the German Annuity Insurance Federation:In the analyses of the Statistics on those actively insured there is a distinction between the case groups "self-employed by application", "skilled craftsmen" and "artists/publicists" respectively "founder of a new business". The following person groups are compulsorily insured:
- teachers and educators, who do not engage a compulsorily insured employee (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 1 SGB VI) related with their self-employed activity
- nursing staff, who work in the health, childbed, baby or child care and who do not engage a compulsorily insured employee related with their self-employed activity (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 2 SGB VI)
- midwives and male midwives (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 3 SGB VI)
- sea pilots of the territories in the sense of the "Gesetz über das Seelotsenwesen" (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 4 SGB VI)
- artists and publicists according to further definitions of the
- artists social insurance law ("Künstlersozialversicherungsgesetz") (cf. § 2 Abs. 1 Nr. 5 SGB VI)
- home tradesmen ("Hausgewerbetreibende") (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 6 SGB VI)
- coastal boatmen and coastal fishermen, who belong to the crew of their boat or who fish as coastal fishermen without boat and who regularly do not engage more than four compulsorily insured employees (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 7 SGB VI)
- tradesmen, who are listed in the register of qualified craftsmen and who in person fulfil the requirements which are necessary for the registration in the register of qualified craftsmen. If a partnership is listed in the register of qualified craftsmen, the partner who in his person fulfils the requirements for the registration in the register of qualified craftsmen is considered craftsman (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 8 SGB VI)
- self-employed with an ordering customer (cf. § 2 Satz 1 Nr. 9 SGB VI).
In addition, all persons, who are not only temporarily self-employed, can compulsorily insure themselves on own application, as far as they apply for the compulsory insurance within five years after initiation of self-employed activity or after the end of a compulsory insurance because of this activity (cf. § 4 Abs. 2 SGB VI).
Selected information about "Self-employed":
- Insured persons in the statutory pension insurance in the course of the reporting year, e.g. by insurance status
- Insured persons in the statutory pension insurance in the course of the reporting year, e.g. by nationality
Further information can be found on the topic or keyword search.