Per capita consumption of alcholic drinks by persons over 14 years of age in litres of pure alcohol. Classification: years, Germany, alcoholic drinks Info
Shown values refer to:
|Alcoholic drinks||Year (descending)|
|Alcoholic beverages in total||14.53||13.94||13.21||12.21||. 1)||11.45||11.39||11.28||11.34|
|Wines incl. Sparkling wines||3.28||3.29||3.47||3.43||3.29||3.36||3.38||3.38||3.31|
|Spirits Info||2.83||2.82||2.57||2.30||. 1)||2.47||2.46||2.48||2.60|
(See also more information on Source(s)/Contact, Comment(s), Links, Refresh period of data) To the interactive graphics
- Consumer statistics, Federal Statistical Office (more information on data source/contact person, more information on methodology)
- Update of the state of the population, Federal Statistical Office (more information on data source/contact person, more information on methodology)
- In the case of beer, since 1993, the data excludes alcohol-free beer.
- Sparkling wine: including sparkling wine at reduced rates.
- In the case of wine for drinking, including sparkling wine, the data for the financial year up to 31 August (from 2001 onwards: up to 31 July) of the specified year is given without quantities used by distilleries and for the production of vinegar. Quelle: Berichte Bundesinformationszentrum Landwirtschaft (BZL) in der Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung.
- The calculation of the figures for the consumption of spirits was changed in 1993. Thus data are not entirely comparable with the previous years.
- In the years 2017 to 2019 the data for beer are provisional. For 2020 all results are provisional.
- 1) Because of tax law changes there was no processing of data in the reporting year 2010.
Refresh period of data Information on corrections of the data
- The table was extended by the year 2018 on 25 Nov 2019.
Information for a new reporting period will be added as soon as it is available.
- Additional information: Ascertainment of alcohol consumption
- Information concerning Population, annual average (census 2011) .
- Information concerning Population, annual average (census 19887, 1990) .
- Information concerning Consumption of alcoholic drinks and tobacco goods .
Signs and symbols
- . = Data unknown or confidential
The Federal Health Monitoring System 20. Jun 2021