Number of pregnancy terminations. Classification: years, region (place of termination/place of residence of the women), features of statistics of pregnancy terminations: family status/reason for termination/type of surgical intervention/duration of pregnancy/facility of termination/previous live births
Shown values refer to:
Region: Germany, Place of residence/termination: Place of Termination
|Categorization statistics of pregnancy terminations||Year (descending)|
|Terminations of pregnancy altogether||130,899||134,609||124,023||110,431||99,237||98,721||101,209||100,986||100,893||99,948|
|... by marital status|
|... by reason of termination|
|... by type of termination|
|... by duration of terminated pregnancy (starting from 2010) Info|
|... by duration of terminated pregnancy (1996 to 2009) Info|
|... by facility of termination|
|... by number of previous live births|
(See also more information on Source(s)/Contact, Comment(s), Links, Refresh period of data) To the interactive graphics
Interactive graphics Line chart
- Statistics on terminations of pregnancy (abortions), Federal Statistical Office, Branch Bonn (more information on data source/contact person, more information on methodology)
- Reported terminations of pregnancy | Medical indication | Criminological indication | Counselling rule (Beratungsregelung) | Curettage | Vacuum aspiration | Hysterotomy | Hysterectomy | Mifegyne | Feticide
- The data shown under "Abroad" is for women who have their permanent residence abroad.
- The position "Germany" includes the figures for all abortions performed within Germany including those performed on women who have their permanent residence abroad.
- The table was extended by the year 2022 on 27 Mar 2023.
Information for a new reporting period will be added as soon as it is available.
- Information concerning Pregnancy terminations, e.g. by age .
- Information concerning Outpatient and inpatient pregnancy terminations, pregnancy terminations per 100,000 women and per 1,000 live births .
Signs and symbols
- . = Data unknown or confidential
The Federal Health Monitoring System 28. Mar 2023